"The first Bedford area school met in a log building during the early 1860's. After the civil war, classes were held in a frame structure at Spring Garden north of this site. After it burned in the early 1880's, Milton Moore (1830-1914) deeded land here for construction of Bedford College, an elementary and high school academy. In 1893 it was also destroyed by fire and local citizens raised funds for a new elementary school nearby. It was replaced in 1915 by a 2-story brick schoolhouse. The school consolidated with the Hurst - Euless District in 1958 and the building was used until 1969."
~ text from the historical marker
The Old Bedford School is a lovingly restored historical building that is available for meetings, weddings and heritage tours.
Heritage Education Program Assistant
2400 School Lane
Bedford, TX 76021